Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Daily Topic 3/24/09 Wacked-Out Theory 1

Every now and then we come across a question from someone or a statement from another group that is so far out there that it makes you think "they can't possibly be serious." So with today's topic I will be posting one of these wacked-out theories.

Wacked-out theory #1
I discovered this yesterday while doing some reading on another group's page. Get ready for it, the theory is  "Ghosts can't lift more than 10 pounds"


Dave: This isn't as wacked out as you may think. Not many non-paranormal investigators are familiar with the U.F.G.A.P. (The United Federation of Ghosts and Poltergeists). Ben Booscareme, shop steward for Local 316 states that it is a contractual agreement that "no entity, at anytime acting in their official capacity, be required to: lift, push, pull, or otherwise displace any object weighing more than 10 pounds (4.53 Kg) without the requisite assistance of another union entity of the same or greater labor grade".

Actually, we can make light of the claims of other "paranormal groups" theories all day long, but the reality is that we know very little of what it is we are researching. Paranormal research although not a new study, is a difficult field in which to prove, or disprove "theories". Very little that I have experienced can be replicated over and over with similar results. Each case and each experience are for the most part, unique. As this statement was recently made by a member of a very popular group, and said with an air of authority, those who follow that group believe it to be law. I believe it to be a conceited, arrogant and misleading fabrication of unproven hogwash. Wow, I've always wanted to use "hogwash" in a sentence. Now I can die a happy man and then come back as a spirit and throw some 9 pound 15 ounce stuff around.



Jake: First off, I am as paranormal as they come, because I haven't lifted a weight since 1994.

In regards to this actual theory, I am quite positive that someone out there figured that since spirits tend to throw objects such as plates, candlestick holders, etc., then the entity probably could not lift more than a certain weight, which someone discovered to be 10 pounds. An entity most likely can lift as much weight as it cares to. If the theory that they draw on what energy is around them is true, it may be hard for them to visually present themselves or to do any heavy lifting because the amount of energy necessary is just not around them at that time, especially since most investigations are conducted in the dark.

The moral of this theory is that if you ever feel a demonic entity in your home and you feel the need to move, don't count on the entity to help you --- they can only lift 10 pounds!


James: Of course they can. The living aren't the only people with steroids. The dead have them too.


Rex: This theory makes me feel a lot better, now I'll know if I'm ever lifted in the air by an unknown force that it is not a ghost. If it turns out to be a ghost lifting me then I'll just inform him of this theory and I'll be put down. Any way I don't know if this video proves or disproves the theory but it does include 2 of my "favorite" things orbs and ghosts trying to lift weights.


GHOST in Gym - caught on security cameras ACTUAL VIDEO